2nd Match Australia vs New Zealand Preview & Prediction
2nd match will be played between Australia vs New Zealand on the ground of Edgbaston, Birmingham on 2nd June at 3:00 PM. The players of both the teams are very strong and ball hitter. It’s going to be an enthralling match between the two. They would pose the good threat to each other and lead this match will not be easy as pitch dictates high score. Achieving these both the teams have to retain their key players and score well on the 1st power play. Both the teams have good bowling attack and it will be interesting to watch both the world best teams playing to win their first match of ICC Champions Trophy 2017.
Australia vs New Zealand Previous Stats H2H in ODI Matches
- 6 Feb 2016 New Zealand vs Australia- Australia won by 4 wickets
- 8 Feb 2016 New Zealand vs Australia- New Zealand won by 55 runs
- 20 Feb 2016 New Zealand vs Australia- Australia won by 7 wickets
- 18 Mar 2016 New Zealand vs Australia- New Zealand won by 8 runs
- 4 Dec 2016 Australia vs New Zealand- Australia won by 68 runs
- 6 Dec 2016 Australia vs New Zealand- Australia won by 116 runs
- 9 Dec 2016 Australia vs New Zealand- Australia won by 117 runs
- Mon, 30 Jan New Zealand vs Australia- New Zealand won by 6 runs
- Thu, 2 Feb New Zealand vs Australia- Cancelled
- Sun, 5 Feb New Zealand vs Australia- New Zealand won by 24 runs
- Fri, 2 Jun Australia vs New Zealand 3:00 PM
Over the last past year, Ausi wins 5 matches out 10 and lost four matches.
Steven Smith(c) being a strategic player will leave no opportunity to lose this match. Steven Smith(c), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell are the key players for Australia. They have the capacity to change the mode of the game anytime. David Warner, Aaron Finch, & Glenn Maxwell love to play big shots. Australia, the two times champions placed in the 2nd position on the ODI Team Rankings with 5,442 points and a rating of 118. On the other hand, the Kiwi team New Zealand is placed on the 4th position on the ODI Team rankings with a rating of 114 and a total of 5,019 points. New Zealand Martin Guptill is the threat to its competitor. It’s great to see the competition between bats of these players: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell & Martin Guptill.
Australia will win the toss and will opt to field. Toss here is a prime factor for this match.
Australia will win this match. It will be a high scoring match. The teams will raise themselves high by scoring well. And will go up on the points table. The score would go from 280-320 even. But New Zealand will chase the same with ease. But it would also important for Australia to maintain the wickets so that they can get the good total of the score. Once this target is set all eyes will be set on New Zealand to win the match. This would be a match with lots of twists and turns but the only winner will be Australia.
Both teams have very strong batting lineup, it is very difficult to come to a conclusion whether which team will be winning the match. However, based on the past stats in the ICC Champions Trophy and ODI, team Australia definitely has an edge and is more likely to win this particular match.