How far is Indian Team Towards Championship Title?
India with the emphatic win over Pakistan in the match held on 4th June 2017, from Group B is all planning to reach semi-finals next facing South Africa. The match would be the must-win game for the team India as it yesterday loose over team India. The team includes both strength and weakness which must be considered to win over ICC Champions Trophy 2017.
The team India did a great job hitting hard with the bat swing out the bowl to earn the victory over Pakistan. The team Pakistan all set to win over India had pulled to stand the challenge set by team India. Virat Kohli the India captain manage to put pressure on Pakistan for limiting the runs. At last losing earlier wickets from Pakistan give the chance winning the match to team India. But in the match player against Shri Lanka, India lose the match due to the fielding and not good bowling this time. For the next match Virat Kohli will look to make some changes in the team we have balance squad.
India has taken the good decision as for the selection of players. The dropping of R Ashwin might be the biggest decision but they too have set the bowling department stronger with four pure bowlers including Hardik Pandya all rounder. The only one spinner Ravindra Jadeja has done the tremendous job with the bowl while Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Jasprit did what the team needed from them. Hardik Pandya after good hand over bat scoring good runs, shown powerful bowling power taking out 2, 3 wickets confirming the captain Virat Kohli as he could be the next all-rounder for whom Virat is looking for.
The cricket ground of Oval has a bit grass over it making hard for the Indian team to take over wickets quickly, but the plan A does work well for Team India to win the match. On another hand, Pakistan has also proved that losing a single match over India does not mean losing a tournament winning after Shri Lanka in ICC Champions Trophy 2017.
The Strength of the Team
1. Batting– The strength of batting line-up includes the players Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Shikhar Dhawan who have shown blasting performance against team Pakistan scoring half-centuries each. The winning of India shows the capability of Indian batting who are ready to face any challenges.
2. Bowling– The bowling department was seen strong with the pace bowler and all-rounder capability of Hardik Pandya who pluck out 2 wickets of 6 balls in 20 runs. Although with the replacement of Mohammad Shami the powerful bowler, the team manages to fill the space with Ravindra Jadeja known for spinning all rounder.
3. Opening Partnership- The opening partnership of Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma has boosted the confidence level of the team India and the fans. The players put up 136 runs partnership against team Pakistan, that could be something that every team needs to look after.
The Weakness of the Team
1. Controversies– The issue between Anil Kumble and Virat Kohli in dressing room may rise conflicts in decisions of the team. The constant news coming out may increase the gaps between the two.
2. Sluggish at Times– The middle over batting might be slow where India faces 61 dot balls in the match against Pakistan. It was Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh who speed up the runs in the last match between India vs Pakistan.
3. Fielding– In the match against Pakistan Skipper Virat Kohli do well give 6 out of 10 but still need to tight up to the missing fielding as two runs outs were missed with two catches dropped.